For those of us confined to one language in Windows XP, it is annoying to have the language bar constantly try to re-assert itself in your task bar. Here are the rather obtuse steps to turn that off.
To turn text services on or off (using Classic view in Control Panel):
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional and Language Options.
- On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details.
- Under Preferences, click Language Bar.
- To turn text services off, select the Turn off advanced text services check box.
- To turn text services on, clear the check box.
- Click Yes if you are prompted to confirm your selection.